Viking 7-Quart Enamel Coated Cast Iron Dutch Oven/Roaster (Assorted Colors)
Get all the benefits of cooking with cast iron without the maintenance when you purchase the Enameled Cast-Iron 7-Quart Oval Roaster from Viking. Due to the vitreous enamel coating found on the interior and exterior of this professional-grade roaster, you do not have to worry about regularly seasoning the cast iron; you will also be able to cook acidic foods, like a tomato pasta sauce, without it reacting with the food and causing rust!
Thanks to the magnetic properties found in cast iron, the Viking Enameled Cast-Iron 7-Quart Oval Roaster may also be used on induction cooktops. Perfect for stews, desserts and much more, professional chefs and home cooks alike have long relied on cast iron as a reliable and versatile cooking vessel; that is due to the consistent and even heating found in iron. Plus, the attractive gray color of the interior enamel finish means that stains will be less noticeable than the cream interiors found in other enameled cast iron cookware.
Between the long-lasting durability of cast iron and its incredible cooking versatility, the Enameled Cast-Iron 7-Quart Oval Roaster from Viking is one you’ll love for years to come. No matter if you are cooking a beef stew or a whole chicken, you will also find that the oval shape better accommodates the size of your proteins more easily when compared to round roasters. The lid features built-in braising spikes to recirculate moisture, keeping your foods tender and flavorful during the braising process. Because it’s suitable to take from stovetop to oven, you can brown your meat on the stovetop to seal in those flavors and juices before placing straight into the oven to cook low-and-slow for hours.
Caring for your Viking Enameled Cast-Iron 7-Quart Oval Roaster is easy. Simply hand wash after each use and either air dry or wipe dry with a clean dishtowel.
- Cast iron provides an even and consistent heat distribution that removes the risk of hot spots developing during cooking
- Attractive gray vitreous enamel coating found on the interior allows you to cook acidic foods while also hiding stains and other signs of usage over time
- The 7-quart size is large enough for serving memorable meals, while the oval shape accommodates different protein sizes more easily
- Extremely versatile as it can be used to sauté and brown on gas, electric, ceramic and induction stove tops or go straight into the oven for longer braises
- Large looped handles provide an easy grip for added security and comfort.